Home › Forums › Moto G World › PROBLEMS OF NEW ANDROID USER
- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 8 months ago by simon.
June 25, 2014 at 5:30 am #487
First of all thank you for making such a great site for moto g users.
I received my phone yesterday, my first problem of FM not working in speaker was solved at your site immediately when I went in how to use FM radio section.
Now I have a few small problems
1. How to make keyboard remember my id, it makes me to write always, I have write it about 10 times, it is very annoying, my friend’s Samsung remembers it.
2. Is it possible to permanently disable updates in a few apps so that it does not notify every day for update.
3. I don’t understand where the downloaded portion of an app goes when downloading stops after e.g. 80/90 % due to internet failure will it eat my device’s limited memory.
4. Power button don’t have options to restart device like in Samsung.
Please answer these questions and help me use my motog more easily.
June 25, 2014 at 5:39 am #488
5. What is the use of location in Settings, should I keep it on or not, if on then I what mode
June 25, 2014 at 5:52 am #489
6. Should I apply screen guard on it. I know some people may say that it depends on your choice or some will say that it has corning gorilla so that’s not needed. But my question is bcoz its coated to be water resistance will that screen guard not damage the coating when we will remove that guard. Is corning gorilla makes it scratch proof.
July 7, 2014 at 2:33 pm #514simonKeymaster
Referring to your questions:
1. the keyboard only “learns” from you. You can add your words, phases to personal dictionary. Please read this guide: http://motoeguide.com/moto-e-guides/use-moto-e-keyboard/ (it was written for Moto E, but it also applies to Moto G and Moto X)
You can also turn on personalized suggestions. There are some other settings in Google keyboard to make your life easier.
2. You can always disable app update. Open Play store app, tap menu key (3 vertical dots in top left), tap settings, uncheck Notifications, Choose “Do not auto-update apps” for Auto-update apps.
3. It will occupy the storage temporally. The system will clear it later automatically.
4. Press and hold the Power button for 7 – 10 seconds, Moto G will restart. Rebooting is not a menu option in Moto G, but you can still do it.
5. The location service is needed for Google and other apps to provide location based services, e.g., maps and navigation.
You’d better turn it on and choose battery saving mode.
6. screen protector is not a requirement. Gorilla glass can provide good protection from scratch. But it is not scratch-proof. Sand, sometime, your keys, may leave some scratch on it.
Most people put screen protector on the phone to keep it “new”.
It is up to you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.