Although Moto G does not have the prominent touchless control feature sported in Moto X, you can use your voice to control some functions of Moto G.
You can use Moto G voice command to call your contacts, sending emails, send messages, play your playlist, turn on/off WiFi and Bluetooth settings, and perform some other common tasks.
Of course, Moto G voice command only understands pre-defined (built-in) commands. You cannot add more.
In addition, only the following languages are supported in Moto G voice command:
- English (US)
- French (European)
- German (European)
- Italian (European)
- Spanish (Americas)
- Portuguese (Americas)
- English (UK)
- French (Canada)
List of available Moto G voice command
The voice commands that Moto G can understand are listed below. To use them, you should replace the contents in ” ” for your needs.
- Call “Simon” ——-> Make a phone call to Simon if Simon is in your contact. You can use phone numbers directly instead of name, if the person is not in your contact.
- Send text “Simon” ——–> Send a text message to Simon if Simon is in your contact. You can use phone numbers directly instead of name, if the recipient is not in your contact.
- Send email “Simon” ——–> Send an email to Simon, who must be in your contact.
- Play “playlist 1” ——–> Play the playlist. You can also use the title. But this would be tricky.
- Go to “calendar” ———-> Starts the application.
- Redial ——–> Redial the last dialed number.
- Turn WiFi on ——–> Turn on WiFi.
- Turn Bluetooth on ——–> Turn on Bluetooth.
- Help ——–> Get voice command help.
Moto G voice command also fully supports Google Now Voice Actions commands. Some of these commands can be located at: https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2842392?rd=1
Using Moto G voice command
To use Moto G voice command, you need launch the voice command app in your app drawer. If you are using Bluetooth headset, you can press the call button to launch the app.
Once the voice command app is launched, you can speak the command. You Moto G will pick up the voice command and perform corresponding tasks.
How to change setting for Moto G voice command
You cannot add your own voice commands.
Sometimes, Moto G voice command fails to do things you expected. The main reason is usually misunderstanding, i.e., Moto G does not recognize your command properly.
You can train Moto G to understand your voice more accurately by going to Settings–Voice command settings > Adaptation.
I didn’t find the voice command app in my Moto G
Moto G voice command may be not pre-loaded in some regions. If you cannot find this app in your Moto G, you can always get one from Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nuance.android.vsuite.vsuiteapp&hl=en