Motorola updated Moto G to the 3rd generation last week (together with Moto X Style, Moto X Play and Moto X Pure Edition).
Now the question is what the exciting new features in Moto G 3rd Gen (Moto G 2015) are?
You can customize Moto G 2015 as you want
Motorola used to keep customization as an exclusive feature for their flagship Moto X.
For the first time, you can customize your Moto G 2015 (Moto G 3rd Gen) in Moto Maker. Now you can customize Moto G 2015 in following aspect:
- Black or white front color
- 1o back colors
- 10 accent colors
- Engrave text (up to 14 characters) in the back.
So, you can design your own Moto G 2015 with 200 possible color combinations!!
No other smartphone manufacturers offers such customization.
The bad news is that Moto Maker may be not available in some countries.
Moto G 2015 now has far better cameras (both rear and front)
Moto G is positioned as the best the middle-range smartphone.
So, it is not strange that Moto G does not have the cutting-edge camera sensors in previous generation.
In Moto G 2015, Motorola dramatically improved the camera.
Here is the list of some noteworthy improvements in Moto G 2015 rear camera:
- 13MP camera sensor (8MP in Moto G 2014);
- dual-LED flash (single LED flash in Moto G 2014);
- Quick Capture (twist wrist to launch camera). This used to be an exclusive feature of Moto X.
- manual focus and exposure controls.
- 1080p HD video (720p HD video in Moto G 2014);
- HDR for video.
For the front camera, the improvement is also huge:
- 5MP camera sensor (2MP in Moto G 2014);
- wide angle camera (72 degrees of field of view);
- display flash;
- Slow motion video.
You should expect dramatic improvement in photo and video quality in Moto G 2015.
You may check this Moto G 2015 camera guide to learn how to use the camera in your Moto G 2015 (Moto G 3rd Gen)